Professor Nuno Figueiredo, PhD, MD
- Head of the surgical department of the Lusiadas Health Center in Lisbon.
Nuno Figueiredo is employed as head of surgery at the Lusiadas Health Center in Lisbon. He began his professional career as a member of the digestive department of the Santa Maria Hospital in Lisbon, after completing his undergraduate studies and a doctorate at the University of Lisbon, where he was promoted to professor.
After training in advanced laparoscopic surgery in Belgium and spending a year as a consultant in the department of minimally invasive colorectal surgery at the Queen Alexandria Hospital in Portsmouth with prof. Amjada Parvaiza, in December 2015, completed a course in robotic surgery.
In 2013, Prof. Figueiredo received a Pfizer Basic Research Award. He is currently involved in several research projects:
- International Watch & Wait Database (www.iwwd.org);
- CAST (Active Monitoring of Cancer AS an AlTernative To Surgery https://cast-cancer.eu/EU_Projects/CAST.nsf).
- Personalized therapy in colorectal cancer using xenografts.
- Tumor response to neoadjuvant therapy.
- Robotic and minimally invasive colorectal surgery.
He is currently supervising three Ph.D.
The topic of the workshop 2022 – Complex cases – what minimally invasive colorectal surgery can do?